Re: red/blue schism
From: Saoirse Charis-Graves (ccharisearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:02:55 -0800 (PST)
Ah, well, I did get a little buzz from reading this in the Co-Intelligence series:

"It is time for us to realize that "seeing both sides" is not a bland, befuddled, middle-of-the-road position. It is our next necessary step onto the leading edge of democracy's evolution. It is a step out of partisanship and polarization into the Whole. It is a required step if we are to find the necessary courage, wisdom and dedication to midwife the birth of a culture that honors the whole picture, the whole community, the whole world, the whole of life. ... Seeing the multi-faceted, evolving nature of truth -- even in the midst of political battles -- is our doorway to wholeness. And I say -- with passion -- that that whole -- the ultimate inclusive reality of life that embraces me and you and our erstwhile enemies and everyone else -- deserves our passion even more than its partisan parts."

Thanks, Tree, for the references. It seems I am in good company with my passion for this topic and my concern about polarization. I appreciate the dialogue that has occurred on the coho-l. I'm grateful that by risking my "toe in the water," something good has occurred. My committment to cohousing is renewed by this conversation.

Saoirse

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
        mevlana jelaluddin rumi - 13th century