Re: peak oil preparations?
From: Christine Johnson (manzjohnsonnetzero.net)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:01:45 -0700 (PDT)
The principal reason my husband Carl and I sold our accumulated investment property and relocated to Tucson to join the Stone Curves Cohousing community was the anticipated impact of peak oil on our investments, not to mention our lifestyle!

Rob Sandelin wrote: "One of the wide criticisms of Heinberg is that he is doing worse case
scenario building, which of course gets press and sells books."

Rather than argue for Heinberg's credibility, folks who are seriously interested in the potential impact of a gradual or a sudden decline in access to fossil fuels, can find volumes of meticulous research and analysis at the Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas at: http://www.peakoil.net/

The analogy to Y2K is a faulty one: fossil fuels are a finite resource and the argument is whether the decline will be sudden or gradual and the impact; Y2K, of course, was not precipitated by a decline in natural resources but computer programmers confidence that date programming conventions would be resolved and corrections made by the time 2000 rolled around. Happily, they were right.

Christine Johnson
Stone Curves Cohousing
Tucson, AZ