Calling all Unitarian Universalists in Cohousing
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:59:46 -0700 (PDT)
[If you are not a Unitarian Universalist, and do not know of anyone in your group who is one, please ignore or delete this message. If you know someone in your group or community who is a UU, but who is not on the listserv, I'd appreciate your forwarding this email to that person]

Dear UU Cohousers.

As a few of you may know, I'm somewhat of a General Assembly junkie, so I will be at G.A in Fort Worth, fast approaching us in June, and hope to see many of you there.

Mark Knight, Executive Director of the UU Affordable Housing Corporation in D.C., and member of the Hundredfold Farm Cohousing group, has most kindly agreed to share UUAHC's booth with the Cohousing Association. of the United States (Coho/US, formerly The Cohousing Network). This seems like a wonderful opportunity to promote cohousing with UUs from all over the place, and I want to take advantage of Mark's kind offer.

However, I don't want to be tied to the booth for all of G.A, so I'm hoping that those of you who are planning to attend G.A. in Fort Worth (go to www.uua.org for details) would be willing to give me a hand staffomg the table for an hour or two here and there.

I will have Coho/US brochures to distribute, and will have copies of Cohousing and The Cohousing Handbook to sell. I hope to have a poster or storyboard with me as well to alert passersby that we're there.

I also expect to have copies of the article that appeared in the July/August 2004 issue of the UU World called "Cohousing Communities: What's So UU About Them" which is based on the presentation I gave at the Boston GA a year earlier, as well as a stack of copies of the last print directory that the Association published in 2003 and a list of completed cohousing communities in the U.S. and Canada.

The table does not have to be staffed all the time the exhibits are open by any means, but it'd be really great to have a real live cohouser there for visitors to talk to as much as we can.

If you are willing to help staff the table for as little as one hour during G. A. (2-3 hours would be super of course) please get in touch with me by email (or by phone at one of the numbers below if you have questions, or if this will be your first General Assembly).

Hoping to hear from many of you in the next few weeks.

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing, Oakland, CA

Former Board Member Coho/US (I completed my 2/12 three-year terms just last weekend!)
Tours Coordinator Coho/US
Conference Chair,  2006 National Cohousing Conference

Joani Blank
510-834-7399
Cell: 510-387-1315
joani [at] swansway.com