RE: Re: Peace, Justice, and Marketing (was EMERGENCY INTERNATIONAL VIGIL]
From: Alexander Robin A (alexande.robiuwlax.edu)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
At Eno Commons, we rarely have any problem selling units when they become
available. That's because we have a wonderful man, Robert, who keeps on top of
our website - lots of info about the community and listings of units that are
available. My wife, dog and I had to move out recently for health insurance
reasons and as soon as our house was listed we had about six people interested.
It sold right away. The smaller houses can take longer to sell. Robert also
gives tours regularly so interested folks can find out about the community,
attend a meeting and or meal and look at the available houses if they like.

We originally moved in because of the EC web site. So from my experience, if
you don't have an active informative web site that includes available units,
you're shooting yourself in the foot. Regular marketing channels for cohousing
units are not nearly as effective because people move in due to being
interested in cohousing more than being interested in the particular house.

Robin Alexander
formerly of Eno Commons