Re: Re: Common House Laundry Survey
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:46:02 -0800 (PST)
    On the subject of paying.  We have a system where
you check your unit number each time you do a wash or
dry load and are charged 50cents and 40 cents per
load.  This is to cover the cost of replacement/repair
since we own our machines.  Once every 6 months or so
we get a bill for our cumulative laundry expenses for
that period.  The thought is that those who use them
should be paying for them proportionately.  The
utility costs are covered as part of the Common House
costs (we have solar panels for common house
electricity and common gas costs figured into our HOA
dues).  Cleaning is done by our Common House Cleaning
person who spends a day here cleaning once every 3
weeks.  No real problems, we have had one donated old
washing machine die and have to be replaced 5 years
after move in and one of the new ones needed repair
once.
                       Bonnie Fergusson
                       Swans Market Cohousing
                       Oakland, CA