groundbreaking ceremony
From: Judy Hecht (judheeyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:35:23 -0800 (PST)
Our groundbreaking ceremony for CoHo Cohousing is set
for April 18th on our 6.8 acre site in Corvallis,
Oregon.  Local officials, our developer, and the
founder of our group will be making brief comments.
We?ll do the basic ?turning of the ground? with
shovels, followed by cookies and punch, a table with
flyers, and mingling with guests.

One idea for the ground breaking is to give ?tours? of
the Common House, with the rooms mapped out by spray
paint on the ground. The measuring and mowing to
prepare the Common House could be a good
community-building episode. We?d like some more ideas
of fun and community-building ways to celebrate our
progress.

Judy Hecht
CoHo Cohousing
(www.cohousing-corvallis.com)