Re: Owner-business use of common space
From: Alexander Robin A (alexande.robiuwlax.edu)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 16:11:42 -0800 (PST)
Been reading all the responses to this. Personally, I wouldn't look upon this
favorably. I think strongly that the common areas of cohousing are for the
community and to facilitate the community as a whole. I've always felt funny
about common space being used for private activities unless it is very
sporadic. It's a different matter if, as some cohousings have done, space has
been built in for on-site businesses, but that is not the case here. It's
always a tricky business of discerning the motivation for people moving into
cohousing. Ideally, they like the physical aspect but also buy into the
cohousing mission of the community. Good luck with this issue.

Robin Alexander