Re: Participation Agreement
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We have a lot of what's included in this agreement in our bylaws, i.e., it is required rather than voluntary.

A buyer must go through an orientation and sign a statement that they have done so, understand what the community is about, and agree to abide by the condo docs (which include a good amount of cohousing-oriented clauses).

With respect to (1) and (3), residents are *required* to participate in General Meetings and committee meetings, and to participate in the maintenance of the property (i.e., a work requirement).

This probably has to be done during development and be incorporated into the condo docs. At least that's what we did.

        All the best in incorporating this participation!

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing