Re: Truly affordable cohousing
From: Marganne (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:27:12 -0700 (PDT)
At 3:58 PM -0400 5/10/08, Stuart Joseph wrote:
I liked the web page of the Mobile Hermitage which led me to
Resourcesforlife.com. I have spent too much time reading all of the
information on the links that you have sent me!<grin>

Stuart,

Thanks for the book suggestions. Never enough books, eh? LOL

Greg always is finding new links and books to add to ResourcesForLife.com. Check back once in a while to see the new gems. :-)

My favorite books are:

"Little House on a Small Planet" by Shay Salomon. She includes a section on cohousing and an entire chapter on building codes.

I also have "A Tiny Home To Call Your Own, Living Well in Just Right House" by Patricia Foreman and Andy Lee. Along with information on building green are chapters entitled "Conservation Subdivisions and Cottage Communities" and "Can Tiny Houses Help House the Unhoused and Inappropriately Housed?"

ResourcesForLife.com also has it's own eStore on Amazon where these books (and more) are available.
http://astore.amazon.com/resourcesforlife/

Select "Small House Books" To see more from people like Sarah Susanka and Dennis Fukai.
--
Cheers!
Marganne

Small House Society