Re: Low cost housing
From: Marganne (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:21:50 -0700 (PDT)
At 7:54 PM -0400 5/18/08, Sharon Villines wrote:
buildings that are falling
apart or are just too strange for anyone else to want, are impossible
to sell.

Too strange? I currently rent a studio condo (apartment) that's about 460 square feet. When the real estate market is better, these units sell all the time, even though they are 30 years old.

Building small doesn't necessarily equate to shoddy or strange. Lenders have no problem writing mortgages when these tiny studios are bought and sold. A family of three lives in the studio next to me. This is one of the nicer condo developments that people aspire to live in.

I'm not being contrary about what you are saying, Sharon. I'm just very frustrated with all the supposedly 'good' reasons people use to keep people from building homes they really want to live in.

Cheers!
Marganne