Re: low cost housing
From: Marganne (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
At 8:03 PM -0400 5/18/08, Kathy Buck wrote:
Elderspirit Cohousing in Abingdon Va has 16 units of low to moderate
income senior rental housing and 13 market rate units. Dene Peterson the burning soul behind this project used her expertise in the nonprofit world to put together a financing package using federal monies. Elderspirit is in the process of doing another community in Abingdon and
it too will include subsidized housing.  You can contact them at
_www.elderspirit.net._

This is a great idea for a growing population. I took a quick look at the web site but couldn't find anything about financing or ballpark prices. Also no definition of low to moderate income or subsidized housing. Does anyone here happen to know this information?

Are these 'affordable' or are they low cost?

I could write directly to them and ask. But I'm asking here on the list. Personally, I don't qualify for housing that's 55+.

Cheers!
Marganne