Re: Low cost housing
From: Marganne (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:24:23 -0700 (PDT)
At 8:05 PM -0500 5/18/08, Dirk Herr-Hoyman wrote:
Habitat does run by local organizations, so check
with your local Habitat to see if they might be
interested in a partership with your Cohousing
project.

I don't have a Cohousing project for them to partner with.

There are a variety of different levels even to low cost housing qualifications. Even though I'm disabled on a fixed income, I don't qualify for many available assistance programs because I have more than $3,000 in assets.

There's a growing number of people like me who are caught between 'levels' of low income. If you have any assets, they must be 'spent down' before you can qualify.

I haven't checked specifically into Habitat to see if its requirements are the same as most I've looked at. It's possible the requirements there are different. Right now I've run out of energy to get details about more housing programs.

Cheers!
Marganne