Re: research on cohousing?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 06:25:34 -0700 (PDT)
The Research Coordinator is Dr. Betsy Morris.  She is cc'd above.

You should have easily been able to find Dr. Lisa Poley's dissertation on cohousing at your university library in Dissertation Abstracts. In her dissertation she identified many additional avenues of research in cohousing.

Editorial: I realize I'm a dinosaur having graduated from university more than 35 years ago ... and I have trouble spelling in my old age now ... but I'm truly concerned that people in universities and colleges are not familiar w/ the rudimentary research tools for scholarly research. My concern is if college students doing graduate level research in a university/college can't find out if a topic has already been researched in Dissertation Abstracts -- which is the first place to look when picking a dissertation topic (and it's all on- line now, too!) -- I wonder what kind of research is going to result from this inquiry?

Just for fun I googled "cohousing dissertation abstracts" and came up w/ a slew of responses. Google is the very lowest level entryway for research -- and google coughed up plenty to generate further inquiry into the field.

Sorry to be such a downer this early in the morning but I get tired of students asking basic, basic questions on this list. Easier to query the list than to dig around. Maybe my ire should be directed at the major professors directing the research -- what oversight are they doing?

O me. Think I'll go back to saving the world ... :-)

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC