Re: Scholarly Research on Senior Cohousing Communities-InterviewRequest
From: Deleaua (rdsdmssuddenlink.net)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

Do you want to talk to folks who are actually currently living in senior cohousing, or would "getting close" suffice?

My husband and I are part of the Wolf Creek Lodge senior cohousing community designed by Chuck Durrett of McCamant and Durrett Architects and located in Grass Valley California. Our community of 23 member households (we will be sold out at 30 households) started in 2006. We are currently about 30 days from getting our construction loan funded, so although we meet monthly and have formed an active and supportive community, we have yet to actually live in the senior cohousing community we have all worked so hard to establish.

Each person in our community has a strong vision of what we want for our senior years. We have worked together with Katie McCamant, our Project Manager, and moved forward even in the face of the financial meltdown and bank construction loan freeze of the last year and a half, so we could definitely tell you why we chose to be part of senior cohousing and what we hope to get out of it.

My husband and I will be at the National Cohousing Conference Wednesday through Sunday so we could meet you there if our feedback would be of value for your research.

Sincerely,

Deleaua Shannon

rdsdms [at] suddenlink.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jade Aguilar" <aguilarj [at] willamette.edu>