Re: Consensus, Majority Vote, "Blocks"
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:43:22 -0700 (PDT)
Racheli
> I think that if the same person finds her/himself at a point
> of blocking too  many times - it means that there is some
> basic incompatibility at the level of shared values, and/or
> on the level of perception what's in the best interest of
> the community.  This means that they need to ask themselves
> serious questions regarding whether they actually belong in
> that particular group.

Definitely this!

In my case I found that I was holding a grudge about a particular
decision, both the way it had been made and the outcome, and also
about a couple of people in our group, mostly their behaviour but
that started to feed into how I felt about them in general. I began
to feel that the group processes were irrecoverably broken. Well,
more accurately, the four of us eventually reached consensus that
there was no way we could fix them... so we pulled out of the group.

Moz