Message from Coho/US Board of Directors
From: Richard L. Kohlhaas (rlkohlearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 09:00:02 -0800 (PST)
December 2013

Dear Friends of Cohousing and Community Members,

After much thought and planning we have decided to postpone
our next national cohousing conference beyond 2014. This will be
the second year in a row in which the board members of
Coho/US have felt it necessary to delay our conference.  We
have decided to wait until we have the adequate resources to
ensure the delivery of a high quality conference.  Rest assured
that we do not take this decision lightly and that we are working
hard to determine when and where the next national conference
will take place. We are also working on regional outreach and
events - such as the regional summit and community open
houses in the northeast this past September.

It would be most helpful to have your input to support our
planning.  To that end we will be sending you a survey in
January.  Your response is appreciated, as this will help the
board better serve your needs and the needs of our larger
community.

On another more upbeat note and thanks to your generosity,
Coho/US has emerged from a rather tight year with more
financial strength.  Existing communities have contributed over
$6,600 to Coho/US so far in 2013, about half of that in the last six
weeks.  We are grateful for these contributions.  To communities
who have not yet contributed for 2013, we urge you to consider
doing so.  We ask all communities to plan on contributing in
2014.

Warm regards,

Coho/US Board of Directors:

Bill Hartzell, President, Mid-Atlantic Region
Patrick Han, Vice President, Hudson River Region
Laura Fitch, Secretary, New England Region
Dick Kohlhaas, Treasurer, Mountain Region
Alice Alexander, Southeast Region
Jane Calbreath, Northern California Region
Jeffrey Zucker, Southwest Region
Steven Ablondi, International