Re: Meal Tracking Programs
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 13:19:07 -0700 (PDT)
Holy moly, you have 100% attendance at every meal?  I don't think we've had
a single event at which we had 100% attendance.  That's pretty
impressive!!!!

We've never found a technological solution that really satisfies our needs
as a community.  We ask cooks to keep track of signups, which they do in
whatever way works best for them.  Most use Google Forms to allow people to
sign up, but some have other systems or ask for just an email to indicate
signup.

Cooks need to get the data into a spreadsheet that can be passed to the
volunteer who handles money (we have a "per meal" payment system), and I
understand that the Google Forms let that happen pretty easily, which is
why I think so many choose to do it.

Sign up data includes who is eating, what unit they are in (for billing
purposes), whether they are eating a child-sized or adult portion (also for
billing purposes), and information cooks need for meal planning like which
dish they want if multiple dishes are offered; any allergies or special
requests; whether they will need a "late plate" and so on.

Diana