Re: finance committees
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jul 30, 2015, at 2:11 PM, Eris Weaver <eris [at] erisweaver.info> wrote:

> My finance committee would like to talk with other community finance folks
> re: what bookkeeping software you're using. We're using QuickBooks but our
> accountant doesn't like it (but hasn't specified a competing product). IF
> you are using something other than QuickBooks and would be willing to chat
> with FrogSong's finance officer, email me backchannel and I'll hook you up.

Our management company uses software that is designed for management companies.

BUT I recently looked at online services for a client who was setting up books
for a small business and love Freshbooks. Clean fresh graphics, instructions in
Plain English, prints forms and reports, etc. They are relatively new and are
adding services very quickly. MUCH easier to use than QuickBooks. The community
could use it for other things as well — like workshare, time tracking, etc.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC