Re: Aging Better Together Conference - What an Impact
From: mira Danyel brisk (mirabepeacegmail.com)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 12:01:00 -0700 (PDT)
Wonderful beginning ...  yes!  Let's keep the very important discussions
going inspired by the conference.  Lots of great fuel!

I've personally started a journey of visiting communities as well and
getting more direct and personal info from people I speak with there.  I've
had the great pleasure of continuing some of the conversations from the
conference with people and seeing how they may apply to their real life!

Often stepping back and writing about these topics and conversations may
seems strange but as I have suggested to many I have spoken with in
communities, it helps EVERYone when we do!

I will start by saying I did post some of the video footage I took from the
conference on the FB page already. Please do look there and stay connected
with that page.  Keep passing the posts along to help continue to spread
the word about cohousing.

I will add briefly, with more details later, that these conversations about
Aging in community apply to ANY age and stage and transition of life.

How can we be more connected in our communities (living and otherwise) and
thus better support Ourselves, first and foremost, and each other  within
times of need?

Additionally, how can we begin to address issues of mental as well as
physical health more directly within communities?

 Thanks and glad to be a part of these important discussions!

Mira
704-239-0412