Request input re: residence/transfer of ownership from our Legal Committee
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 04:56:23 -0800 (PST)
at our place, each condo gets one vote, regardless of who casts it. if an owner
will be absent then a proxy can be assigned to any other owner.

we have had instances where an owner died and the estate/survivors became the
new owners. in each of those cases the condos were vacant for around a year.
for the most part, we didn't hear or see any of the absentee owners. they kept
paying the dues until new people bought and occupied the condo.

as background, we have an hoa board (to comply with state law) called the
steering team that consists of community approved representatives, one from
each of the standing work teams and an at-large community member selected by
lot.

the steering team reviews all business, hashes through any difficulties and
then when an issue is ready for 'prime time' then it is taken to the community
for consensus.

technically, the steering team is the 'nuclear option' in that since it is the
hoa board of record, can over ride the community or break consensus deadlocks.
so far, there has been no need to push the red buttons.

Alan O'Hashi
Views from Behind the Lens
www.alanohashi.com
Colorado..303-910-5782