Supporting Coho/US: Language for Budget Line Item
From: Alice Alexander (aliceanne4gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 11:50:12 -0700 (PDT)
Supporting Coho/US through annual contributions is a terrific way to ensure
our association continues as a connector and clearinghouse to help our
communities thrive.

I recently included this language in my Durham Cohousing's budget package
as justification for continued annual support to Coho/US. Some of you may
find this brief "case for support" helpful:

$300.00 - Annual dues to support the Cohousing Association of the US
(Coho/US), which benefits Durham Cohousing by (1) serving as a vehicle for
recruiting community members by providing credibility for the cohousing
model, and attracting the public to cohousing; and (2) providing learning
and networking opportunities through resources, conferences, and
connections to the cohousing world to enhance our own community. Coho/US
suggests each community contribute $300 or more per year, or $25 per person
(the later would equate to $900).

--
Alice Alexander
Durham Central Park Cohousing