Experiences with/as disabled people in cohousing
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 04:00:24 -0800 (PST)
allison.tom - the main reason i’m a strong advocate for cohousing is because of
my six-month death bed disability experience. i was dragged along into silver
sage village eight years ago not knowing what it was about, really, and then my
eyes opened. i was homebound in a wheel chair/walker and rehabbed several
months in community. i had a main caregiver and lots of supportive neighbors.
i’m convinced that unless a person has gone through a period of short term to
life long disability, it’s difficult to understand the topic. i would say most
people get it intellectually and have some sensibility about it though. in
fact, i made a movie about my experience
www.aginggratefullythemovie.com
thx
alan o

Alan O'Hashi - Cyber Office