Re: handling legal matters
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 10:58:25 -0700 (PDT)
one of our criteria for red cards is to have been involved in the
decision making process earlier. I imagine that somewhere between
"hermit" and "at all the meetings" is some vague place for the line,
but I feel it gives us an out for keeping someone from stopping our
process in its tracks.

On the other hand, there is no limit on green cards and good ideas
from folk no matter whether they were involved before or not.

Liz
mosaic commons
berlin, MA

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 8:34 AM, Philip Dowds <rphilipdowds [at] me.com> wrote:
> Joe —

[snip]>
> If I have been a hermit in my unit for the last several years, but suddenly
> show up at a well-noticed meeting of the Furniture Team to protest an
> expenditure of $2500 on new dining room tables … then how is my input
> processed?  Am I now a volunteer member in good standing of Furniture Team,
> with a right of objection that escalates the decision threshold from
> significant to major?  Even though it’s my very first appearance as a
> volunteer at a Furniture Team meeting, is my view just as important as those
> of the other members, who have been laboring on the dining room table problem
> for the last 18 months?  Yes, I see the part where individuals are expected
> to stay informed and participate early — but is it enforceable?
>
> Philip Dowds
> Cornerstone Village Cohousing
> Cambridge, MA

>> On Jun 19, 2018, at 7:56 AM, Joseph Wheeler <wheeler76 [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Philip,
>>
>> Membership on teams, including our Admin Team, is open to all members at
>> Takoma
>> Village.

[snip]