Re: Common house meal prices
From: Julie Gallagher (jgall63gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 08:20:47 -0700 (PDT)
At Cantine's Island, the cook buys the ingredients and the eaters pay $4
for adults and $2 for children, paid in cash to the cook at the meal time.
Any overage goes into "slush" which helps pay for staples in the kitchen.
The cook absorbs any excess cost above what the payments cover. There is a
feeling that these prices are too low so they may be raised in the future.
Some cooks take pride in making everything from scratch and always
returning some amount to slush; others may want to make something more
pricy, such as a meat dish or purchased bread or dessert, and are willing
to subsidize the meal if necessary.

Julie Gallagher
Canine's Island Cohousing
Saugerties, NY