Question about Consent Governance
From: Chris Terbrueggen (christopher402gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 20:01:45 -0700 (PDT)
 Greetings, We are slowly developing our consent governance in one of our
Linden Cohousing committees. There was an objection voiced by a member, who
said a second committee member must support a member's objection for it to
be a valid objection. They were concerned that one person would block the
proposal. I would like to know if any cohousing communities require a
second person's support at the committee level. Or, do you honor a single
member's objection?  Do you work together to see if it's a valid objection
based on the aim of the committee and find a solution to the objection?  Is
there a way to merge the two ideas?

We are new to the consent process. I am sure there is a learning curve
present in this discussion. There may be personal perceptions of trusting a
governance process that is new.  Maybe, it's being comfortable with Roberts
Rules of Order, which requires a second for some decisions to be made.

Thanks, Chris Terbrueggen