Re: Eugene Cohousing
From: T G (triciamill9gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 09:54:56 -0700 (PDT)
I have been following this project for quite some time in the news, and it
appears that the main concern from the neighbors is that the only access to
the development is an extremely narrow, undersized, and unimproved dead end
road. The neighbors didn't feel the City should be approving a project that
will bring the traffic of 28 additional homes without the road meeting
current safety standards, such as sidewalks and a sufficient road width.

It looks like the neighbors were supportive of the development when it was
originally proposed but then it grew in size and that concerned them.

It is unfortunate that the cohousing group and the neighbors could not have
compromised on the number of homes. There are several successful smaller
cohousing developments, so it doesn't seem to make sense to me that a
compromise would not have been better than continuous appeals (very
expensive and time consuming, not to mention the loss of members!!).

I started looking elsewhere after watching this go on for 5 years in the
news but have been curious to see how it ended up playing out.