Diversity Problem
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 10:54:24 -0700 (PDT)
I posted the article from CityLab on our community list and received a question
about successful diversity efforts in communities of any kind.

Since our most successful source of residents is friends or acquaintances, I
personally am doubtful unless we all have diverse friends — who want to leave
their own communities.

From CityLab: Cohousing's Diversity Problem by AMANDA ABRAMS

"Despite its potential, 95 percent of U.S. cohousers are white, 82 percent
identify as Democrats, and 66 percent hold a graduate degree, according to one
study."

http://bit.ly/2Aw3SVb

I have often argued that diversity doesn’t begin or end with skin color. I
should write a blog post on this. (First I have to check and see if I already
have.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines