Re: Diversity Problem
From: Lynne Markell (lmarkellrogers.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 09:23:52 -0700 (PDT)
I like the idea of a combination of rental and ownership, but how does the new
cohousing group get the money to construct the rental units? Even if there was
a government program to provide a mortgage, no one provides 100% mortgages.
Where do you get the down payment?  Our members are mostly seniors and are
using current house equity to buy their units.

Could you tell us a bit more about the " limited equity ownership units"?
Sounds like a municipal home ownership program. This would suit us fine and I
would like to use it as an example with our city and province.  if there is
something in writing that would be great or a website I can access.
Thanks, in advance,
Lynne

Lynne Markell,
Lmarkell [at] rogers.com