Re: Diversity Problem
From: Chuck Harrison (cfharrgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 10:32:08 -0700 (PDT)
This is a bit off-topic, but I just recently ran across a reference to the
WWII-era Defense Mutual Housing concept. Here's a book about it (which I
haven't read): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/143991205X .

In my initial skim of wikipedia etc the Mutual Housing entity sounds a lot
like a co-op. The program has shown surprising robustness in that 7 of the
8 original communities are said to continue operating today (under the same
mutual ownership system? Not exactly clear.)

It would be interesting to know more details and what might be learned from
their experience.

Chuck