Re: Accommodating strangers
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 11:53:47 -0700 (PDT)
Same at Shadowlake Village as at Cornerstone - one of us must be the
responsible host. I don't know if we still get those requests - we used to,
at one time, from people driving to Washington DC for whom we would be a
very convenient stopover off the interstate. I would have to revisit our
website to see if we still mention our guest rooms. (Our website used to
brag about our great Common House, in the early years when we were more in
marketing mode.)

I think that, no matter your location, strangers who know about cohousing
will find you and try to use you as a handy cheap motel on their travels. I
would feel much more hospitable about letting other cohousers use our guest
facilities than just random people who have no connection to anyone here.
Given the very friendly and open nature of some cohousers, if you forward
these pleas to your listserv, chances are that one of your members will say
"Sure, I'll host this total stranger." so it probably makes sense to at
least discuss it and get a sense of people's comfort level with it.
   Muriel at Shadowlake Village