Re: Question about Consent Governance
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 13:57:32 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jul 17, 2018, at 8:40 AM, Alan O'Hashi via Cohousing-L <cohousing-L [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:
>
> Phil, et al. - Speaking for myself, the "objections" I think are valid are
> those based on whether or not the objection affects the good of the
> community, versus an objection based on self-interest.

And my oft repeated refrain:  Who decides what is in the good of the community?

Who decides what is “only” based on self-interest?

Unfortunately unless you have a very clear vision-mission-aim statement and
have connected the proposal to that, it will be the majority that determines
the answer.

This argument goes on the examine the purpose of community — Is it other than
the self-interest of each person in the community as a member of the community?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC