Re: "Auxiliary" Member participation?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 04:22:47 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, and it has been a great thing for us.

We call them "friends" and they have most of the same privileges of
membership, and also pay a small fee (sliding scale but most pay about
$5 per month).

We also have a household that was friends but they were so involved we
made them members, but that is specifically an exception to how we do
it.

Former members are often invited to be friends as they move out, plus
several members of our next door coho, and from the town we live in,
and some from when we were in development who didn't move in.

We had some controversy over it early on, but once we decided they
could be part of decision making, but could not block decisions it's
really gone pretty smoothly.
Note that we open our meals to anyone who wants to come, so friends is
more who we invite to work days, socials, offer shared rides, help
with our garden, invite us to pick their peaches, share children's
things, etc.

Liz
Mosaic Commons Cohousing
Berlin, MA