Rent to buy arrangements
From: Betty Grant (beeegrantgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 21:09:37 -0700 (PDT)
At Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing  in Eugene the idea of Rent-to Buy has surfaced as a possible way to stretch our economic diversity. Our concept: a current member or a group of current members purchase one or more still available units, then set up a "rent-to-buy" option for an interested party who cannot afford to buy-in outright. This would not be a money-making scheme for the "owners", however interest on monies extended to purchase unit(s) would likely be included in the terms.

Would love to hear if other communities have experience with this.

Betty, OMC Eugene