Re: Does your community clean all the common areas yourselves?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 10:25:16 -0700 (PDT)
We do the cleaning ourselves. One person is the organizer and has
people agree to do certain rooms for a set period of time. During that
time they clean that space once a week on their own schedule.
Sometimes pairs of people take a task and either split it or do it
together.

We never got to agreement on the standards of the bathroom, so we pay
a cleaning company to do the bathrooms every other week, volunteers
take the in-between weeks.

Note that it *didn't* work before someone agreed to be the organizer,
who thanks people, looks for new people, sets the time frames, decides
whether a small part can be a separate job, etc.

There are still people who gripe of course.

Liz
Mosaic commons in Berlin, MA