Re: Does your community clean all the common areas yourselves?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 16:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
I'll add to my previous note to say that all of our workshare is completely
voluntary. No one is assigned to cook or clean or weed or do anything; you
have to sign up or just show up and do whatever you feel able to do to keep
the place going. It's quite possible that communities with required
participation as CH cleaners or that hire some of the work out have a
somewhat cleaner or tidier CH than we do.

That being said, though, people do step up and the work does get done, week
in and week out. Last weekend we had a semi-annual workday to do a deep
clean of the CH, and I think every job on the jobs list had a volunteer's
name next to it.

   Muriel at Shadowlake Village