Re: Play-or-Pay participation programs
From: Lyle Scheer (wonkomonkeyhouse.org)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
In a way it's a bit of a psychological twist, but I always have
preferred the concept of charging the monthly dues that would cover the
work, but providing people who come to the work parties a discount to
their dues (or pay them for their work from the fund).  That way,
instead of a bunch of folk who might resent having to pay an "extra" fee
or "must" attend work days, they get something for attending.

Humans are odd creatures, but sometimes framing things differently gets
different results.

- Lyle