Re: Environmental sensitivities
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 11:46:49 -0800 (PST)
At RoseWind (long-established in Port Townsend WA) we have a few basics at the
common house:
-Street shoes off (slipper basket has loaners, members have slippers in
cubbies; hospital type over-booties available for those who need to keep shoes
on).  It helps that many people in our town have shoes-off homes: it isn't seen
as peculiar.
-Fragrance free- no incense, scented candles, intentional fragrances worn as
perfume, or strongly-scented products.
Both of these are noted on flyers and publicity for events at our common house.

This has kept our lovely oak flooring nice even after almost 20 years, and
allows folks like me to breathe without asthma attack or headache.

In addition, we have house rules that are  posted, such as no unattended
alcohol left in the common house, quiet after 10 pm unless community makes an
exception, no pets in the common house (ADA service critters ok).

Wth rare exceptions. this has worked well for  us.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
www.rosewind.org