Re: committees
From: Julie Gallagher (jgall63gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 08:38:46 -0700 (PDT)
Alan,
Have you all looked into whether there are any problems with completely
restating the original Declaration, such as possibly losing the legal
enforceability of the original covenants? At Cantine's Island we restated
our By-Laws, which are filed with the county as an exhibit to our
Declaration. We learned that to file the new By-Laws we have to re-file the
Declaration as well. We're trying to decide whether to just do a third
amendment to the Declaration or completely restate the Declaration, and
have some concern about creating an entirely new document.

Julie Gallagher
Cantine's Island Cohousing
Saugerties, New York