Re: committees
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:55:00 -0700 (PDT)
julie - we’re restating the declarations in cohousing-speak, but consistent
with colorado state law. the bylaws are also restated to conform with the new
declarations. i think our documents are a good model for cohousing consensus
communities. state hoa laws are written to hold boards of directors accountable
since there must be quite a bit of malfeasance and corruption among boards that
underfund reserves, skimp on insurance etc.

our declarations name a board, but is referred to as the 'steering team' that
derives its authority from the community members. the steering team ratifies
the actions of the community as examples. very few issues having to do with the
day to day business of the community originates from the steering team.

thx
alan o.

Alan O'Hashi - Cyber OfficeViews from Behind the
Lenswww.alanohashi.comColorado..303-910-5782Wyoming.307-274-1910Nebraska.402-327-1652