Re: Who pays the maintenance costs of common washers and dryers?
From: Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:58:47 -0700 (PDT)
Cornerstone Cohousing maintains five washer/dryer pairs in five different
location.  Some households use them, some do not.  All users are charged a
pay-per-use fee per machine load; I think it’s around $2.00-2.50 per load, but
I’m not up to date on this.  It’s done as an honor system: Make a mark when you
run a load.  Loads are tallied and billed quarterly.  Fees collected are used
for service calls, and occasionally, machine replacement.  Over the years,
money in and money out have balanced pretty well.  We do not buy extended
warranties.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing