Very First Meeting
From: frances woolison (franceswoolisonhotmail.com)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 08:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Our forming group has held several information sessions in Winnipeg, where
cohousing is virtually unheard of. (Hopefully it is gradually becoming a more
familiar concept!) Our average attendance has been about 50. You have an
advantage in that cohousing is familiar to those on the west coast.

We have found it very helpful to provide visuals along with discussion of what
cohousing is and is not. I would suggest including the CCN video on cohousing,
featuring Cranberry Commons, Windsong, and Queyside. We also have used Grace
Kim's TED talk on cohousing, available on YouTube. We sometimes open with the
cute video, narrated by a child, called "What Is a Home", produced by Belterra
Cohousing. They have all been well received and have helped clarify our vision
for the audience. Having the Durrett/MCamant books available for browsing also
adds credibility to your presentation. We provide a sheet of online resources (
websites of the Canadian and American cohousing associations etc.)  and a list
of books on cohousing.

Media coverage is hugely helpful so do  contact your local radio and TV
stations, as well as daily and weekly newspapers, with a media release
describing your plans.

Good luck!

Frances Woolison
Prairie Rivers Cohousing