Re: Care Committee (?)
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 06:53:38 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 13, 2019, at 10:22 AM, Karen Browne-Courage <joyfulreunion [at]
> gmail.com> wrote:

> We have identified a need to have a
> Committee that we are currently calling a Care Committee, with the thinking
> that it would be good to have members who are noticing conflicts and who
> could offer to mediate these.  In addition, the Care Committee could think
> about activities or events that would be nurturing for our members.

We have a TLC group that does meals for new parents and generally watches out
for people who need dogs walked because they are ill or other attention in
unusual circumstances.

I would caution against mixing this up with conflicts related to community
rules or more “not sick related” issues. One reason is that the people who will
be interested in the tasks will probably be different. Soliciting meals in the
face of a new baby is different than a conflict about one household building up
their yard so another’s is perpetually wet.

I guess the distinction might be that one task can involve owner's rights and
community agreements. This kind of conflict is often because the community
agreements are unclear or contradictory. It may require, ultimately, a decision
at the community level.

The other kind generally has no conflict, just care.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC