Ending Single Family Zoning
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 08:48:39 -0700 (PDT)
An article in the NYTimes today about the reasons we have a housing shortage —
single family home zoning. Minneapolis just banned it. And there is a
generational shift away from it. People want multi-household buildings.

> Americans Need More Neighbors
> A big idea in Minneapolis  points the way for other cities desperately in
> need of housing.
>
> By The Editorial Board

https://nyti.ms/2Ik5KCj

What I do disagree with in the article is that it is “The Government” that is
responsible for the restriction on multi-household dwellings. The government
only enforces the laws the legislators pass. Or that the influential people
pass because their vote counts more. The rest of us will have to stand up and
look influential.

Change the advertising — Look how many more votes you can get into your
district by building cohousing!

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines