Laird WebChat Thursday
From: Karen Gimnig (karencohousgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 15:19:28 -0700 (PDT)
Laird Schaub will be with us Thursday, 7/25 for a presentation and lively
discussion on "Delegate or Die".

While all power in consensus groups is rooted in the plenary, it's a
mistake to insist that all decisions be made there. A good deal of what
people experience as meeting fatigue is due to plenaries being unwilling
(or unknowledgeable about how) to effectively delegate decision-making
power to managers and committees, and members feeling trapped in
conversations they don’t want to be in. The result is endless meetings and
demoralized committees. Yuck. In this webinar I’ll lay out why this doesn’t
work and the ingredients necessary to turn it around.

As usual, the Webchat will be at 5pm Pacific, 6 Mountain, 7 Central and 8
Eastern.

Join us via zoom:

The Cohousing Association is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Webchat

Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/202941610

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,202941610# US (San Jose)

+16465588656,,202941610# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 202 941 610

If all goes well and the tech doesn't crash, we'll post a video within the
following week.  You can access previous WebChats at
https://www.cohousing.org/past-web-chats/

Donations to support this program are most appreciated at

https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E346363&id=9

See you there!

--
Karen Gimnig