Re: Looking for Tiny house/ small house Co Housing communities
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 08:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 16, 2019, at 10:07 AM, Elizabeth Magill <pastorlizm [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I sold my Maryland 2BR duplex (525 sf) to a family of six. The four
> kids sleep in the MBR and the parents in the 8'x9' BR.

I would add that when we moved in, there was no correlation between unit size
and number of people in the unit. More than one three-bedroom unit with a full
basement was taken by a single person. An adult and a child in a 625 SF 1
bedroom with a den. At one point, 3 adults, none of which were a couple, lived
in a 615 SF unit with a bedroom, den, and living room that served as a third
bedroom. Often people say they want to build larger units so they will attract
households with young children. We have two large units with young children—and
they moved in years after building.

If you follow the tiny houses movement, you will find households of 6 living in
500 SF. I assume it is in a warm place where the four children play outside a
lot, but that is probably closer to the standard around the world.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC