Re: Posting Request-Dealing with Sensitive Issues
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 07:00:08 -0700 (PDT)
As a member of the community support team I would ask people who want to
discuss such a thing in the general meeting what it is they are hoping to
accomplish.

Often folk want a policy or procedure or agreement to change one person's
behavior. That rarely works. If it is one person who needs to change then
people who are bothered by the one person need to tell them so.

Our community support team is willing to "come along" for such a
 conversation.

Note, however, that they may not change even if you ask them to. Then,
unless you have a strategy to kick folk out of the homes they own, each
individual must figure out how to change their own behavior to restore
their sense of balance.

In any case I do not find that making individual problems into community
problems improves the outcomes.

Liz magill
Mosaic commons cohousing berlin MA.
Community support team coach.