Re: Cohousing Digital System
From: Sean Davey (seansonoracohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 07:18:12 -0800 (PST)
Hi Chris,

I'm thinking of adding a hosting option where communities could completely own
and be in control of their Mosaic sites. The community would pay a hosting
company like webfaction, linode, or digital ocean to host their site (usually
$5 or $10 per month) and I would continue to maintain the site for the
community for free as long as the community wanted. I would document everything
the community would need to know should they ever wish to take over maintenance
of the site. Maintenance is very simple, mainly consisting of occasoinally
logging in and typing a command to restart the server if needed. The community
would also need to have a domain which is usally around $10 to $20 per year.

This option would allow communities to keep using their sites forever and
benefit from my maintaining and upgrading the site as long as they want. I
don't know something like this would address your concerns but please let me
know if you'd like to discuss this idea.

thanks,
  Sean