Re: Questions about resuming in-person common meals
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 10:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, Jun 7, 2020  Bob Morrison  wrote:

> A concern I have is that with social distancing, you must almost
> shout to make yourself heard during the meal.

If (a big if) a common meal were held in the Covid era (outdoors maybe
with bring your own food?) it occurs to me that maybe having people
talk circle fashion would be good. That is strictly taking turns for
one person to talk to the group at a time - maybe with an amplifier.

Actually I'd like to use this way of doing things a lot more
all the time.  I dislike the "competition to get the floor"
dynamic that often develops.

On Sat May 30 8? Cedar Cohousing folks gatherred with lawn chairs and
their own food in a park for a socially distant picnic. We were well
away from other folks and could talk fine.

Since May 1 maybe 15 or so neighbors have been gathering on the quiet
street with a diverter near our house for a few minutes (15?) late
Friday afternoons.  It started with MN Public Radio's "Bring The Sing"
when they played one well known song on all 3 MPR stations in the
Twin Cities and encouraged people to sing along on their front steps.
I brought a radio and an amp and borrowed and extension cord and a
tv table to sing along with.

We've decided to continue meeting whether we sing or not.
Maybe I should bring my son's little old guitar amp and a mic.
What precautions should one take around a share mic?

Fred