Re: community values
From: Alice Alexander (aliceanne4gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 06:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
Susan, I applaud Sonora's plan to revisit your values; a good exercise, a
community-building one, particularly in this covid time of "great
excavation."

>From Durham Central Park Cohousing (Durham, No Carolina), developed prior
to move in 2014 and still working well for us in all that we do:

Our Community Values

Individual Worth
We respect the talents, labor, commitment, ideas, experiences & needs of
each individual.

Community Spirit
We nurture our spirit of community with cooperative, consensus based
decisions; mutually sustaining work; life affirming activities;
 camaraderie; & engagement with the surrounding community.

Vibrancy
We encourage development & expression of passion, playfulness,
appreciation, awe, synergy and affection.

Quality Space
We attend to the quality of our physical space, assuring that it is
inviting, aesthetically pleasing, physically safe, fiscally sound and green.

Longevity
We consider long term implications of our actions on our health and
well-being as individuals, our relationships with one another, our
building, and the social and natural environments in which we live.

Alice Alexander
Durham Cohousing