Re: Need information on Common House use
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 15:08:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 26, 2020, at 5:30 PM, Raines Cohen <rc3-coho-L [at] raines.com> wrote:

> You are in the middle of a political/administrative process. Therefore, you
> shouldn't take any question, even a simple-seeming one like this, at face
> value. You have to look at who is asking and why.
>
> [Katie Henry's recent post echoes this sentiment]

I heard behind the question that members were questioning the need for a CH and
thus feeling unsure about explaining it.

But if the CH has already been raised there may be concern about it being used
commercially or for town meetings — things that would affect a residential
neighborhood with days or nights of traffic and parked cars. And be used to
skirt zoning restrictions on commercial activities.

In fact, we found that allowing groups to use the CH even for small “donations”
interfered with our own uses after the first few years. Occasionally someone’s
office may hold a retreat here. Once or twice a year?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC